Crazy that in just a few short weeks we will be back in Florida. I’m excited for our new adventure but sad we are leaving the concrete jungle. I really do love all that New York had and still has to offer but it just wasn’t the same without our family here to enjoy it. I know a lot of my friends that are living away from their families and are making it work but I have realized I need to be close to them. We have friendships here we will miss and memories that will forever be etched in our hearts but it’s time to go back to our family.
Before I leave I think it would be best to list what I will miss living in New York.
- The change of seasons especially the fall. The brisk air, beautiful scenery and how it just makes every holiday feel right.
- The ability to walk to the store and get things instead of driving everywhere.
- My kids being exposed to the culture rich areas like museums, fairs and parks.
- The pizza and Italian ices
- The pumpkin patches
- Snow (sounds crazy but it’s going to be missed)
- Getting on the train to go in the city
- Our neighbors
- Friends from church
- The corner store
- The 99 cent store
- The daycare my youngest boys have gone to they both have been there since they were both 3 months old so they have become family.
But most of all our apartment we have lived in for the past 4 1/2 years because it has brought us so many blessings. I gave birth to our last boy in this place and they have taken their first steps here. My oldest started school here and my hubby and I grew here. We work as a team now and have learned to count on each other for so much.
Leaving New York is so bittersweet. I’m going to miss it terribly but I’m excited for what the future holds. I’m embarking in a new journey of homeschooling and starting a business venture that both scares the crap out of me and excites me. I’m ready and I can’t wait to share what I can with you all as we move on to our next adventure.
So farewell concrete jungle and hello humid but sunny Florida.
Love from the concrete jungle…